Your shopping cart is empty.
Welcome to KJ's Studio!
*Note: All prices in USD* (Contact KJ to buy in Canada!)
May 04, 2011
Talk about the trip of a lifetime! This small but so historical country overflows with culture and hospitality. Turkmenistan is absolutely amazing and a must visit, especially for horse lovers. Their beautiful Akhal-Teke horse is intertwined throughout their history and remains an important part of their society. They celebrate them on the last Sunday in April, which is their "Day of the Horse", the holiday of the Turkmen racer.
Blog Posts: 1. Around Ashgabat on my First Day I. the city II. the neighbourhood
2. The Ashgabat Hippodrome and Equestrian Complex I. Jumper Stable II. The backstretch
3. The Art Competition, judging
4. Vladimir Bagdasarian's studio
5. At the Bazaars!
6. The opening ceremonies of the “The Horse is the Winged Symbol of Revival” I. Waiting outside II. the Art Exhibit III. Speeches & Entertainment 7. The National Museum of Turkmenistan I. Exterior & the Changing of the Guards II. Inside the National Museum
8. Conference: The Turkmen Horse and the Art and Science of World Horse Breeding
9. The Beauty Contest: I. Horses being presented to the President II. President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov III. Entertainment: Vaulting & Roman Riding IV. Contestants shown in halter V. Contestants shown with adornments VI. Contestants Under Saddle VII. the winner!
10. The Day of the Horse! I. Opening Ceremonies II. Entertainment: Roman Riding, jumping & circus horse III. the horse races! IV. The Ahal Velayat Equestrian Complex
Check out my full set of photos on Flickr and my book:
The presence of this badge signifies that this business has officially registered with the Art Storefronts Organization and has an established track record of selling art.
It also means that buyers can trust that they are buying from a legitimate business. Art sellers that conduct fraudulent activity or that receive numerous complaints from buyers will have this badge revoked. If you would like to file a complaint about this seller, please do so here.
This website provides a secure checkout with SSL encryption.
The Art Storefronts Organization has verified that this Art Seller has published information about the archival materials used to create their products in an effort to provide transparency to buyers.
All photography is printed on archival material, including glicee and specialist art papers. Watercolors need to be framed with art glass. Acrylics should not be hung in direct sunlight.
Photography workshop coming soon!
Sign up to get onto our waiting list!
This is only visible to you because you are logged in and are authorized to manage this website. This message is not visible to other website visitors.
Click on any Image to continue
The above preview shows how to use the live preview on this website. The image displayed is just an example, and is not available for sale.
This means you can use the camera on your phone or tablet and superimpose any piece of art onto a wall inside of your home or business.
To use this feature, Just look for the "Live Preview AR" button when viewing any piece of art on this website!
Below, select which favorite lists you would like to save this product into.
SAVE 20% ON YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Enter your email below and we'll email you a 20% OFF Coupon right now!